russ at eatnumber1.com
Mon Dec 13 07:49:19 CST 2010
I'm looking to possibly add support for reflection to clang & llvm.
I'm thinking it would work something like the following:
- clang inserts reflection information into the compiled bitcode
- does debugging symbols provide enough information already?
- should this be a new symbol table, or an extension of the debugging symbols?
- I write a c library which using the symbols from the compiled
binary, allows you to do reflection
- A typeof() or similar builtin will be necessary
- I'll need to eventually modify llvm's optimizer somehow so that it
doesn't break the reflection information
This is going to be my introduction to the llvm & clang code base, so
any advice on where to start?
More information about the cfe-dev