[LLVMdev] Path to AutoRegen.sh
Tanya M. Lattner
tonic at nondot.org
Wed May 7 12:13:47 CDT 2008
> * I'm using Autoconf 2.61, and it is compatible with the syntax used
> by LLVM, but AutoRegen.sh insists I need 2.5x.
> * There is a bug in the AutoRegen.sh that appears when you try to
> regenerate configure scripts for your project outside the LLVM
> source tree: an shell "read" command missing a parameter.
> The patch was tested on 2.2, but I think it will work to 2.3 too!
> By the way, thank you for the hard work on LLVM. It's amazing!
- Please follow the developers policy for making patches:
- I think if we are going to upgrade, we should totally switch to 2.6
instead of allowing both. This will make diffs easier to read when people
regenerate the configure script.
- Did you read autoconf/README.txt? Were there no changes to the m4
macros or configure.ac?
- You should also regenerate the configure script as part of this patch.
- Does libtool also have to be upgraded?
- Lastly, I think we should postpone applying this patch until after the
2.3 branch creation. I'm leary of making tool changes so close to the
More information about the LLVMdev