[LLVMdev] 2.7 Pre-release1 available for testing
lattner at apple.com
Wed Mar 17 15:12:19 CDT 2010
The 2.7 binaries are available for testing:
You will also find the source tarballs there as well.
We rely on the community to help make our releases great, so please help test 2.7 if you can. Please follow these instructions to test 2.7:
To test llvm-gcc:
1) Compile llvm from source and untar the llvm-test in the projects
directory (name it llvm-test or test-suite). Choose to use a pre-
compiled llvm-gcc or re-compile it yourself.
2) Run make check, report any failures (FAIL or unexpected pass). Note
that you need to reconfigure llvm with llvm-gcc in your path or with -- with-llvmgccdir
3) Run "make TEST=nightly report". Compare these results to a 2.6 llvm-test nightly report or send the results to the list. For supported targets, we'll try to examine the results, but its best if you can do the comparison yourself.
To test clang:
1) Compile llvm and clang from source.
2) Run make check for llvm.
3) Run make -C tools/clang-2.6 test VERBOSE=1 (report any failures or
4) Run "make TEST=nightly report". Make sure its using clang instead of llvm-gcc. Compare these results to a 2.6 llvm-test nightly report or send the results to the list. For supported targets, we'll try to examine the results, but its best if you can do the comparison yourself.
When reporting your results, please provide details on what platform (32 or 64 bit, arch, os)
you compiled on, how you built LLVM (src == obj, or src != obj), clang, and/or llvm-gcc, and which version of gcc you use.
For any regressions in llvm-test, failures in make check, or warnings/errors you find, please add as a blocker to the 2.7 master bug:
Please COMPLETE ALL TESTING BY end of the day on March 24th.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LLVMdev