[LLVMdev] datalayout optimization question

Sebastien DELDON-GNB sebastien.deldon at st.com
Mon Apr 16 11:06:37 CDT 2012

Hi all,

We are developing our own compiler front-end and use LLVM as back-end. We generate .ll files and use opt/llc to generate target specific code. When I generate datalayout information in my .ll file it seems that it enables more optimization from LLVM opt. How can I determine which optimization are driven by datalayout information generation ?
In other words, when I don't generate target specific datalayout information, what are the optimizations that are turned off ?

Thanks for answers
Best Regards
Seb